Some quotes from our training feedback forms (newest first):
- "Jeff, you're very knowledgeable, engaging, well spoken. Presentation was great and applicable. I will apply what was presented in my daily work." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Good overview. [Jeff is] very knowledgeable." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Very good content, easy to understand. [Jeff is] very good; content covered was well-communicated." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Very relevant to where we want to be. [Jeff] kept a good pace." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "[Jeff] has a good presentation style. Very knowledgeable on the agile methodology." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Good introduction to agile! [Jeff is] very knowledgeable and experienced." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Training is good, I believe this could work within the the organization. [Jeff] conducted the training in a very fluent way. Concepts were good, examples were good, good rhythm." - Alejandro F. (10/2012)
- "Informative, interactive. [Jeff is] punctual, helpful, clear and understanding. Engages with students." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "As an overview, I found the course very informative. [Jeff is] very informative." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Good content; useful concepts. [Jeff is] knowledgeable, energetic; good delivery." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "This course complemented the pre-course reading material, not just a re-hash. [Jeff is] informative, knowledgeable, interactive, and entertaining. He presented it in a way I could learn from." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "[Jeff is] knowledgeable and clearly experienced." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "The material covered was applicable and will be useful. Pulled together the pieces of information I already had. [Jeff] knows his materials. Good speaker. He did not just do a textbook delivery of the information." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Very informative. Having zero knowledge of agile before this class, I feel I understand the process now. [Jeff is] well-spoken and knowledgeable." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Good course. Interactive, good presentation." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "I liked the concrete exercises. [Jeff is] very clear in instruction/description, great real-world examples." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Helped us understand agile practices. [Jeff is] very knowledgeable and overall a good trainer." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "I liked it, well organized. [Jeff is] very good and well prepared." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Very informative; good exercises. Jeff is very knowledgeable." - Rick P. (10/2012)
- "Very informative. Conversationalist style kept me engaged." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Good overview of agile. [Jeff is] knowledgeable and fluid." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Solid intro." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Really enjoyed it. I've been working in agile for some time, and the course still gave me some things to think about. [Jeff] made the topics easy to follow and kept people engaged." - Ben G. (10/2012)
- "Good practical course" - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Excellent" - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Very valuable. Very useful to educate management about the benefits of agile." - anonymous (10/2012)
- "Great insight into Test-Driven Development, whether you are brand-new to the concept, or have been practicing it for a while. Incorporates a brief history of TDD to what is currently being used today, and the best practices for each. A very open and discussive environment if one may need to understand something better. [Jeff is] Very knowledgeable on TDD; takes the time to ask us how to get to the next step instead of rushing ahead and leaving people behind. Very approachable and open to any question one may have. Great to follow along as he goes through the exercises. [The class] was a great formal introduction to TDD that I've needed. Filled the gap to any questions I may have had from learning TDD on my own." - Scott B. (7/2012)
- "Great exercises. [Jeff is] good at explaining things, with history and "why" of subjects." - David F. (7/2012)
- "Great introduction to TDD. I am sold on the concept. [Jeff is] very good. Explains concepts well and the reasons of their importance." - Hunter S. (7/2012)
- "Very good course. I learned a lot about what I was lacking before like how to start and mocking. Good examples from [Jeff's] previous jobs helped show importance of topics." - Zach W. (7/2012)
- "The simple examples were easy to follow while still demonstrating the point well. Would be especially useful for inexperienced developers. [Jeff is] personable, passionate, and charismatic. Enjoyable to listen to over the course of a three-day class." - Thomas D. (7/2012)
- "Great course, explained why as well as how." - Brett C. (7/2012)
- "It was very good and I learned a lot. [Jeff] seemed very knowledgable in everything he taught." - anonymous (7/2012)
- "I think the course is well-planned and delivered; I have learned a great deal. The instructor is very knowledgeable, experienced, and very helpful." - Tracy X. (7/2012)
- "Informative and engaging. Able to quickly cover a large idea very effectively. (Jeff is) very well spoken and did a great job addressing the group's questions." - Dylan P. (7/2012)
- "Excellent overview highlighting reasons behind established practices. (Jeff is) Fun! Knowledgeable! Engaging speaker!" - Ceili C. (7/2012)
- "Helped me identify better ways to begin testing." - Kirk U. (7/2012)
- "The course was very good overall. [Instructor had] very good knowledge of his subject." - Christophe B. (3/2012)
- "Very good description of TDD. [Instructor] knew course material well." - Richard N. (3/2012)
- "An excellent starting point on TDD if you are new to the subject. Excellent material and examples. [Instructor] knows what he is doing! ... This course gave me a very good understanding on the subject. I believe this course will enable me to get started with TDD more effectively and quicker." - anonymous (3/2012)
- "Good introduction to TDD. Good mix of labs, lectures, and promoting the value of TDD... Jeff communicates the content well. Pacing is about right." - anonymous (3/2012)
- "Relevant to the work I'm doing." - anonymous (3/2012)
- "Excellent course on TDD. Good conceptual understanding of TDD after the course along with some lab sessions. Instructor understood the level of audience and delivered in accordance with [their] need. Quite knowledgeable person with deep understanding of TDD ... & other methodologies. Learnt actual TDD approach coming up with problem solution/design while developing the TDD framework. Really great & different view." - Nachiket D. (3/2012)
- "Knows a lot about TDD and why it is beneficial. Good level of interaction. Instructor very approachable." - anonymous (3/2012)
- "Knows his stuff. Is nice to have an instructor that isn't too dogmatic in his approach to TDD." - anonymous (3/2012)
- "Good content, good pacing, interesting and useful exercises. [Instructor has] very good presentation skills. Obviously has relevant real-world experience. Excellent." - anonymous (3/2012)
- "[Instructor is] knowledgeable. Pragmatic. Encourages exploring different techniques before deciding on which one to adopt." - anonymous (3/2012)
- "Very convincing." - anonymous (3/2012)
- "Very clear and effective." - anonymous (3/2012)
- "Skilled exponent of TDD. Excellent communicator. Not dogmatic, quite balanced view of pros & cons of TDD and unit testing." - Chris C. (3/2012)
- "Jeff knows his stuff and it is great that he can talk from personal experience." - Hano B. (3/2012)
- "Very good course. Jeff excels at explaining the entire spectrum of TDD, unit tests, legacy code, and the pros and cons of TDD." - Ben H. (3/2012)
- "Good course. Good to see dogma-free TDD discussions and a practical approach to TDD." - Bazil G. (3/2012)
- "Well worth the time. [Instructor is] great. Very knowledgeable, polite, patient, and attentive." - Carlos P. (3/2012)
- "The course helped me put TDD in proper perspective. ... Jeff kept us all engaged." - Nehal K (3/2012)
- "Jeff did a great job. He answered questions in a patient, clear manner..." - anonymous (2/2012)
- "Enjoyed learning it, looking forward to using it." - anonymous (2/2012)
- "Extremely valuable training course." - anonymous (2/2012)
- "... this course is great to educate developers on good design practice." - anonymous (2/2012)
- "Very unexpected, learned how unit testing can be done easier and not mundane while adding value from the get-go." - anonymous (2/2012)
- "Jeff is very knowledgeable and a very good instructor." - anonymous (2/2012)
- "Eye-opening course ..." - anonymous (2/2012)
- "Excellent course for those who interact with unit testing on day-to-day basis." - anonymous (12/2011)
- "Great class." - anonymous (12/2011)
- "[Jeff was] insightful and knowledgeable." - anonymous (12/2011)
- "Good use of live demos. I liked the in-class exercises. Lectures were clear." - anonymous (12/2011)
- "TDD does seem to be of real value to improve your code/design. I was skeptical coming into the class ...." - Noor Z. (12/2011)
- "[Jeff] was very detailed and had experience in field. Hands-on exercises were relevant and got teams to experience material." - anonymous (12/2011)
- "Knows what he is speaking about and was very clear in explaining things." - anonymous (10/2011)
- "Really good in explaining and very confident in giving the right answers to the queries/clarifications." - anonymous (10/2011)
- "Overall great and very useful, I got a lot out of it!" - anonymous (10/2011)
- "The content and instructor are awesome! Wish the training lasted longer." - Utkarsh S. (10/2011)
- "It's been an eye opener ... " - anonymous (10/2011)
- "Course content is very good and really helped to understand [TDD] better." - anonymous (10/2011)
- "Very insightful. Would love to adapt this practice in development." - Nanda D. (10/2011)
- "Energetic, knowledgable, keeps it interesting." - Priyanka J. (10/2011)
- "Fantastic teaching skills. Even complex topics were communicated in a simple way. ... Every developer should go through this training." - Raghu N. (10/2011)
- "I like that Jeff focused on solving some of the things that could be improved in our projects. Well-defined action items came out of the class."
- "Would recommend to others!" - anonymous
- "Properly positioned me to be able to evolve my TDD skills." - Matt Cummings (6/2011)
- "The course was very beneficial. After 2 years of programming with TDD I thought I knew most of how to test code but this cleared up confusions and things I did wrong." - Stephen L. (6/2011)
- "Content was precisely what I needed to help expand my TDD knowledge, and 99% of the content is applicable to my day to day tasks. Course progressed in a meaningful way, not too difficult, not too easy. Slides were more useful than other presentations I've attended--they make for great reuse/practice." - Mike Bruzina (6/2011)
- "Great amount of content for the short amount of time allotted for the training." - Kyle Turner (6/2011)
- "Very informative course with lots of techniques to unit test code. Lots of great information abuot TDD! I learned so much." - Vinicio A. Aizpurua (6/2011)
- "Great course. I feel like I learned a lot." - anonymous
- "Lots of helpful information that I can apply to my everyday tasks." - anonymous
- "Very useful and enjoyed very much. Learned TDD in very realistic way to approach. One very excellent and practical training classes I have attended." - anonymous
- "The content of the course was directly applicable to the development skills that I need to grow. Jeff is a great instructor. His experience allows him to lead a very practical and real-world class." - anonymous
- "The material was up to date with best approaches in the industry. Exceeded expectations, and they were high to start with!" - Tom J.
- "Good content! Great job! Excellent course!" - anonymous
- "Awesome! This has been the most relevant course to my daily duties. [Jeff] knows his stuff." - anonymous
- "Very knowledgeable and open to ideas from class attendees. Also brought good real world knowledge to classroom and could draw upon real world examples. ... Great!" - Diane K.
- "Very knowledgeable, very good at explaining and using examples." - anonymous
- "Liked how we could jump around depending on where he thought we needed to be." - anonymous
- "Honest, always open to questins, extremely knowledgeable on subjects with real-world experience." - anonymous
- "Enjoyable and educational. Perfect for mid-grade TDD." - anonymous
- "Willing to help and give good feedback during exercises." - Linea B
- "Great course. I wish [my company] would pay for my whole dev team to attend." - Derek S.
- "Excellent course. Enjoyed it." - Srini S.
- "Very useful. Directly related to our work. ... Excellent." - Jie R.
- "The content was great and easy to follow along with. Instructor was clear with the points and exciting to listen to." - Chris B.
- "Very informative. Learned a lot." - anonymous
- "I had fun! The course was an excellent review for me, and reinforced what I have previously learned about TDD and refactoring. More importantly, I believe the course has given me the ability to improve my skills greatly." - Emily L.
- "Excellent" - Moussa K.
- "This is a really excellent course" - Ajaz R.
- "Friendly, knows what he is talking about, accepts suggestions readily." - Haseen H.
- "Knew the material well and really helped to keep it interesting." - Jerry
- "A definite leader in the industry. Was able to answer all questions." - Kevin L.
- "The instructor is well rounded and knows the subject very well. His experience and knowledge of the subject matter helped me to understand not only TDD but also approaches to better software development methods." - anonymous
- "the most valuable training I have attended" - anonymous
- "Highly recommended" - Jim
- "Loved it! I expect this to significantly impact our team and our future sprints." - Robert B.
- "Content was fantastic" - anonymous
- "I really enjoyed this course." - Brian C.
- "...This hands-on experience helped us a lot." - Amit S.
- "The course really tied everything I learned (in bits and pieces) together." - Haiwen Z.
- "I enjoyed the class very much and learned a lot. Jeff did an excellent job and I'd take another class from him." - Neil K.
Jeff Langr at LinkedIn
News: Beta Publication of Modern C++ Programming with TDD
New blog post, "A Story Isn't a Feature"
New blog post, "C++11: Using Lambdas to Support a Times-Repeat Loop"
New blog post, "C++11 Via TFL (Test-Focused Learning): The Range-Based For Loop"